KIWISAVER – WHY AND HOW TO JOIN
KiwiSaver helps New Zealanders save for their retirement and for a first home. It is an easy way to save, with contributions made by you, NZDF or your employer, and the Government. The New Zealand Defence Force KiwiSaver Scheme has additional benefits to help you save and retire with more.
For every month you delay joining KiwiSaver you could be missing out! On a salary of $40,000 a year, for each month you put off joining KiwiSaver, you could miss out on $110 ($67 in employer contributions and $43 in Government contribution). Over a year, that's over $1,300!
Key features include:
- For contributing members, one-off incentive payments are available from CDF. Payments of $1,000 (before tax) are made after years 1, 4 and 7 of contributions, totaling an extra $3,000 after the 7 years.
- An App and online account, where you can easily track your funds and control how you want your money invested
- The ability for New Zealand Defence Force KiwiSaver Scheme members to continue contributing to the Scheme after you leave NZDF.
- Access to seven investment options.
- Competitive fees and returns.
For more benefits, terms and conditions, and information, refer to the product disclosure statement and Member Booklet.
Interested in joining the New Zealand Defence Force KiwiSaver Scheme? Join now.