KIWISAVER – WHY AND HOW TO JOIN
KiwiSaver helps New Zealanders save for their retirement and for a first home. It is an easy way to save, with contributions made by you, NZDF or your employer, and the Government. The New Zealand Defence Force KiwiSaver Scheme has additional benefits to help you save and retire with more.
For every month you delay joining KiwiSaver you could be missing out! On a salary of $40,000 a year, for each month you put off joining KiwiSaver, you could miss out on $110 ($67 in employer contributions and $43 in Government contribution). Over a year, that's over $1,300!
Key features include:
- NZDF members who regularly contribute to the New Zealand Defence Force KiwiSaver Scheme (Scheme) from their NZDF pay, will receive one-off Employment Retention Payments of $1,000 (before tax) after years 1, 4 and 7 from the CDF. These payments are only paid to member accounts in the New Zealand Defence Force KiwiSaver Scheme, where the Scheme has a service number recorded for that member and the payments are received from the NZDF Payroll. Payments made directly into a member’s account do not qualify towards the Employment Retention Payments from the CDF.
- An App and online account, where you can easily track your funds and control how you want your money invested
- The ability for New Zealand Defence Force KiwiSaver Scheme members to continue contributing to the Scheme after you leave NZDF.
- Access to seven investment options.
- Competitive fees and returns.
For more benefits, terms and conditions, and information, please refer to the product disclosure statement.
Interested in joining the New Zealand Defence Force KiwiSaver Scheme? Join now.